If you have recently looked in your bathroom and thought, “oh my – this is in serious need of an upgrade”, then you are probably already in the early stages of completing that upgrade!
After all, knowing you want to get it done is commencing the project in itself, so what is next to be done? How can you transform this gunky space of unpleasantness into an elegant zone of content?
Let’s take a look at the seven stages of a perfect upgrade below:
- First, think of what has to be done
The first thing you have to do is consider your reasoning for the best bathroom remodel Melbourne has:
- Are you renovating an ensuite or the family space?
- Do you have plenty of room for what you want to do?
- What kind of fixtures do you want to install?
- What kind of storage options do you need?
- Do you want to do all new tiling?
- Commence planning
Once you know what it is you want to do you can commence planning:
- Peruse renovation websites to find inspo
- Put together a mood board, Pinterest board or scrapbook for new ideas
- Make your budget & compare it products from large hardware stores/specialist home stores
- See what products you like & those you wouldn’t mind overlooking
- Make the space yours, meaning give it some character & don’t just go with whatever is on the front page of the home trend magazine
- Know your water points
One thing homeowners get caught out with when renovating is their plumbing points. It can be very expensive moving these, so you might want to consider designing your floorplan around these plumbing points if you don’t want to pay to have them moved.
- Call in the experts
Next, it’s time to call your professional renovations team. After all, if you’re not a DIY superstar, you might find it very difficult to do these jobs on your own. A professional renovations team – and a highly reputable one at that – will do an incredible job in turning your bathroom into something truly spectacular.
- Get your quote
Now, it’s time to get a quote. This will tell you the overall cost of the work being done, and may or may not include the prices of materials depending on what you want to get separate or what you’re happy to leave up to the experts.
- Analyse the quote
You want to analyse the quote to ensure the build is right for you. After all, there may be certain things that have been omitted that you really want completed. Or, there might be something added in there that you don’t actually need doing. Therefore, it’s always best to be on top of the quote and not just sign it off without having a proper look at it.
- Get started on the build!
Now, the work can really commence. You have enlisted your team, gone over the quote, and you know exactly what you want done to beautify your space. Now, it’s time to kick back as the renovations experts put your dream design into a perfect reality!
These seven steps will make your renovation a breeze. When you hire an expert renovator to do the job for you, there isn’t much for you to do really but enjoy the fun of designing your dream space. No more stressing about a dank, dingy old bathroom – you’re on the way to making it something truly special.