It’s an absolute nightmare when someone breaks into your warehouse. You might be tucked in bed when you receive the call from security, detailing a broken gate, busted door and a whole lot of stock gone missing. It’s something any warehousing professional can do without, and it’s an incredibly costly experience.
If you’ve ever had the unpleasant experience of someone trying to blag your business, then you will know the importance of installing high tech equipment to ensure these buggers – or someone not unlike them – do the same thing again!
But to get the best gear you have to ask the right team, and the right team is one who knows their equipment and knows how to make it work in your specific environment.
With this in mind, here are three questions to ask your prospective security system provider:
- What kind of services do you offer?
You can get the best security camera system for warehouse needs, but will it be enough? The best equipment provider will not only have high tech equipment, but will also have an extended range of services that take them above the rest when it comes to safety.
So, what are we talking about? The following is a pretty good place to start:
- Alarms: Naturally, every warehousing operation needs a robust alarm service, and that will notify authorities the moment something happens at your workplace.
- Zoning: This service entails locking down certain areas when not in use so that you can be sure no one will enter the space when they are not required.
- Access control: Access control is one of the most important things you can do for ensuring only authorised individuals can enter the space. The last thing you want is any old schemer trying to get in on a whim, and access control is one of the best ways to keep them out!
- PA: PA allows you to quickly communicate with your teammates in the event of a break-in or disaster, making them a great safety measure for more than just communicating a robbery.
- 24/7 monitoring: Well, you simply can’t go past this essential service when it comes to having eyes on the workplace even when you’re not physically on location. This way you will always know what is happening even when you’re not present in the building.
- How much experience do you have?
The right provider should have years of experience in providing high tech equipment and extended services for warehousing owners and managers. If not, there is a likelihood that they won’t know their way around the technology, or that they won’t be able to provide you with an efficient and robust service.
Experience is essential when it comes to stopping crooks in their tracks – ensure you choose a team with the industry knowledge and skill to provide an ultimate service!
- When can you get started?
Because if you’re enlisting a new security system in response to a recent break-in then the last thing you want is a nervous wait for the equipment to be installed! You should be able to quickly book the team in so you can have the peace of mind that your location is highly protected and won’t fall victim to the same crime – or at least to the same extent – as was past experienced.
So, ensure that they can quickly come in and do the job – it will make all the difference when it comes to feeling safe and protected in the workplace!