64% of people who use public bathrooms flush the toilet with their feet.
That figure goes to show how important cleanliness is when it comes to bathrooms. But in a world that recently experienced a pandemic, cleanliness is important everywhere.
CIMS is the Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS). The certification is great for identifying the best cleaning organizations. But what is CIMS and why would you choose a company that adheres to these standards?
We’re going to talk about that and more. Keep reading to learn about the new highest standard for the cleaning industry.
What Is CIMS?
CIMS is a certification program for cleaning organizations. It’s administered by the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA). This is the primary international trade association for the cleaning industry.
CIMS sets the standard for successful, quality cleaning organizations. It outlines an operational system that improves cleanliness and contains costs.
What’s Involved In CIMS Certification?
To get CIMS certified, cleaning organizations must meet specific criteria. These are:
- Quality system. Written quality plan as well as a definition of cleaning service requirements.
- Service delivery. Written service delivery plan as well as purchasing procedures.
- Human resources. Human resource policy, site-specific orientation, management training, security, hiring practices, and more.
- Health, safety, and environmental stewardship. Environmental management system as well as regulatory compliance.
- Management commitment. Communication plan, risk management, responsibility and authority as well as a mission statement and defined vision and values.
- Green buildings and service. Green cleaning policy, purchase of cleaning products and materials, custodial effectiveness assessment, matting, and recycling.
The final criteria are only evaluated when all five of the other standards are passed.
Although these criteria look rigorous, CIMS was developed in a consensus-based process. Therefore, CIMS is achievable for any and all cleaning organizations. Cleaning organizations of any size or in any segment of the cleaning industry can get CIMS certified.
Why Choose a CIMS-Certified Company?
When looking for a cleaning company, it’s hard to sort out who’s the best. Every cleaning company will claim that they have the highest standards of cleanliness. But how do you decipher who is actually doing it?
CIMS certification shows that a cleaning organization follows the highest standards of cleanliness. It shows that the organization is willing to have its practices and processes vetted and accredited by a third party.
When you hire a CIMS certified company like TC Services you can rest assured that that company offers high-quality service.
Have a Business? We Have Business Help
Cleanliness is always important. But it’s even more important in the context of COVID-19.
CIMS certified cleaning organizations are held to a high standard of cleanliness and efficiency. If you need to hire a cleaner, look for a company that has this certification. You’ll be working with a company that’s gone above and beyond to meet your needs.
And for more business help and advice, be sure to check out our business section regularly.