Business owners who meet the requirements of Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) may operate in Singapore with the assistance of a Letter of Consent (LOC). An overview of the requirements and procedures for obtaining a Letter of Credit (LOC) in Singapore is provided herein.
Holders of Dependent Passes may work in Singapore before to May 1, 2021, if they provide a letter of consent (LOC). As of May 1, 2021, anyone with a Dependent Pass who intends to work must do so with a work permit, such as an Employment permit, rather than a Letter of Consent. It’s still possible for DP holders who want to start a company in Singapore to apply for letter of consent, though. For those already in possession of a Dependent Pass LOC, they may continue working until their LOC expires.
Facts to Know About Consent Letters
It is the responsibility of the employer to submit an application for LOC. In order to get a LOC, the candidate must be part of a team.
- Dependent Pass holders who are Singaporean company owners are also eligible to apply for LOC, but only if they have received an offer of employment from a Singaporean employer and have an LTVP or LTVP+ from Singapore’s Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- An Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit must be obtained for LTVP holders before they may work in Singapore.
- A LOC cannot be obtained by dependents of S Pass holders. As an alternative, they should seek a Work Permit, S Pass, or Employment Pass instead.
- According to the information provided by employers in their LOC application, a LOC may last for as long as the LTVP, LTVP+, or Dependent Pass is valid. LOC holders are also limited to the length of their employment at their employer.
- For LOC applications, there is no foreign worker levy or quota.
- When renewing an LTVP, LTVP+, or Dependent Pass, it is possible to renew a LOC at the same time.
- As long as you’re making enough money, you can get a LOC.
- Letter of Consent Eligibility Requirements
- LTP or LTP+ holders are referred to here.
- LOC applicants must fit into one of the following categories in order to get consideration:
- An LTVP or LTVP+ holder married to a Singaporean or PR.
Owners of Small Businesses
In order to work for the company as a business owner, the DP holder has to apply for the LOC. Anyone who wants to create a business in the city-state may apply for a LOC. For you to apply loc Singapore it is important to be aware of these details. A business owner must fall into one of the following categories in order to be eligible:
- One who holds at least 30% of the company’s stock as a director
- An ACRA-registered firm owned by a single person.
- An ACRA-registered company’s partner.
An LOC may only be issued for documents that have been valid for at least three months prior to the application date. Candidates for the LTVP and LTVP+ must also have a job offer from a Singapore-based company. Both possibilities are viable. Candidate may submit application manually, even if online filing is quicker and simpler. Manually filed applications are regarded equal to those submitted online.